Wednesday, September 14, 2011

What is it

100percentforex is a new blog that I am creating to show how having a good strategy in Forex will make you money.

I will be starting off on a demo account to show the basics. Moving to a real money account is slightly different, as there are a lot more fees to pay which will muddy the waters in terms of gross profit for the strategy.

A few ground rules:

1) I will not reveal my signals, so please do not ask. By all means follow the trades, I will post what trades I am in, however, it may be that you get in too late so any losses you experience, I will not take accountability for! I want this to show you that making money on forex is not pie in the sky, but tangible.

2) I base my trades on technicals, although fundamentals in the market will of course play their part - for example, the uncertainty of Greece's debt will affect the Euro, however, the fundametals play into our hands, as the technicals I use will catch these movements as well

3) I use stop losses to manage my risk. Forex is all about stayin in the game. Profits are nice, avoiding big losses is key. I am confident that my strategy will provide lots of winners and only a few losers, but this is a forward test. I can look back and see that all the trades would end up as a winner... of course they would, or I would not be forward testing it! Losers should be expected, and they will happen. This does not mean that it is a losing system.

4) I will be starting with a 'deposit' that is in everyone's reach. I have thought long and hard about this, and I will be using $250 as my starting point. The reason being is that anyone who is serious about making money, needs an investment that matches the ambition. However, not everyone can deposit $1 million to make money with. What this emans fundamentally, is that the profit and subsequent losses will be on the small side in terms of actual money. What we shall be focusing on however is the percentage return (again this is gross starting out, as it is a demo account and will not take into account the taxes and so forth that a real money account will do.

5) After a successful period of testing, I will go live with a deposit in the region of c. $800 (£500 in GBP - although that depends on the markets!)

6) I shall stick as much as possible to the majors. The reason for this, is that broker spreads are less on the majors, although if there is a good trade set up, then I would rather take the spread than the loss of not being in the trade!

7) I shall not be trading every day. I have a fixed set of rules to get into a trade, and these shall not be broken. These are part of my trading plan, and if I were to break these - even to keep the interest of this blog up and going, I will find that I have a losing system. There will always be trades to be had as long as I have money to put into them - missing a poor trade is better than losing!

8) My time frame for a trade will be quite long. I will be using the H4 (every bar on the chart is 4 hours) so I will be in trades for approx. 5 - 20 days. I have tried testing this system in other time frames and it does not seem to work particularly well. What this does mean, is that I will go far down into a drawdown (per trade not against the overall account) but at the same time, my profits should be that much greater as well.

9) Taking profits shall be from the chart. I have firm rules to get out of a trade-either it goes to full loss because it was never in profit or the rules I have set out mean that it has a small loss or a small gain - or it has a gain somewhere in between a lot, or a little. I will also be making use of trailing stops so that if a trade were to go against me, I am protected (although I would prefer not to use them to let the profits run. Saying that the Trailing stop will be quite big).

That is it really. I will give some commentary of the markets as I see them, and will be back from time to time. This blog will proabbly not be updated every day, but I will give information on the trades - when i get into them, What lot size I am using, the max risk to the account what currency I am long/short on and all the other data you will need to either trade them or simply to verify the trades I am making.

What does the future hold for 100percentforex?

Well if this is successful, I would like to aim to sell my system - Afterall, why not? The first 10 followers of this blog will get the strategy for free, and if i release any products, then they will get 50% off. The strategy itself is pretty simple and straightforward, but as I have found out, the simple strategies are often the best when it comes to making unclouded decisions. Just because it is simple does not mean it will not make money!

No comments:

Post a Comment