Friday, September 23, 2011

Trading rules

So after yesterdays closing result of +220 pips, we now need to look to the future.

Looking at the charts, most of them seem to be trending quite strongly, which is great for getting on the band wagon, however this does not suit with the trading rules of getting into a trade - all the analysis is off at the moment (well except for one indicator, but I need all of my indicators to line up before I enter a trade - which makes this strategy so powerful). This means that we have 2 options:

1) Look at shortening the timeframe of the charts - I am trading on a 4 hourly time frame, which means that I have lots of opportunity for the trade to go in the direction I want, and also for it to get the maximum profit while at the same time minimising my risk- this marying off the best profit conditions, with either the ndicators pointing to get out of the trade due to sudden movements - this will actually mean we get out before a stop loss is hit, or if it is a slow moving turn in the charts, we simply go to the stop loss and get out automatically.

2) Wait until the markets change.

There is a great book called market wizards, which goes into detail about incredibly successful traders and their ability to ride the highs and lows - it is a really intriguing read (you can get it from Amazon - see the link on the right. The reoccurring thoughts in the book is that trading has to be emotionless, and the more greedy you are, the more you will lose. For that reason, I am not overly bothered about jumping into another trade, especially one where the trade is on a shorter timeframe where I am not prepared to sit in front of the charts waiting for something good - or bad to happen.

From this, the option 2 is the prefered solution. We will wait until a good trade comes our way. This system will make money regardless if we have to wait 100 more days for them to change (which lets face it, it won't happen). This was shown with my earlier analysis on the USDCAD pair, where, if I had not been so focused on the EURUSD pair we actually traded, We could have been up about 500 pips by today (although I think we would have been stopped out at during one of the previous days...). Out of two trades - one actual, and one promised, but not executed, already the system is looking good. I still will not be drawn into believeing that it is foolproof just yet, but the signs are looking promising at the moment.

Anyways, here's to a good weekend, and let's hope that next week we can get even more winners as the markets hit their peaks and bottoms and start to look to change (of course, in this climate, who can say if that will happen?....... ok My strategy can ;-) )

No comments:

Post a Comment