Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Watching GBPUSD

Well, most of the markets are trending quite strongly at the moment, and have done for the past week. It would be very easy to get into quite a few trades and make a tidy little profit - however, that woudl take a lot of time sitting in front of the computer, making sure that you can get out as quickly as possible if the trade did go against you - which is why I am not getting into any trades at the moment. If i were to do that, then I woudl not be following my strategy rules effectively.

With that said, there is a good chance that in the next couple of days we could have a signal to get into the GBPUSD (To sell which is contrary to where the currency looks to be heading) I think that this is more of a little false peak, and it will soon turn downwards again. Even if I am wrong, it would be no disaster, as I will only get into the trade if the indicators say I should - this will almost guarantee that the trade will go to profit (looking at the backtesting in any case... which can be very misleading in my opinion - but it is still nice to be able to look back saying that the strategy has never lost... )

I can not see anything else on the horizon as of yet, but the markets will change, and I will be there to try to catch them.

Just a reminder, that the last trade was +220 pips, and the other one I pointed out (but focused on the other trade so missed the boat) went to about 380+ pips that woudl have given us a 330 pip profit (with the 50 pip trailing stop).

That would mean that we woudl have had about a 10% increase in one or two weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment