Monday, October 10, 2011

Back to business

So, I am back from the Czech republic and I am looking forward to this weeks trades to come.

So far, looking through the different currecny pairs, there is only one which potentially has the chance to go into an acceptable trade in the near future - that is the USDCHF pair. Not a massively common one when you compare it to the likes of the EURUSD, or the GBPEUR - but I am not going to complain if I can make money from it, and neither can you. The great thing about trading on a longer time period means that we can trade on more exotic currency pairs - it gives us a lot more scope to buy and sell on things other traders woudl not and can not consider. If you look at some of the exotics, they have a pip spread of 20 pips or more - try making money off those when you are scalping!

Of course saying that, I do believe that you should have lots of strings ot your bow, so I am certainly not against scalpers... far from it. So far, I have just found nothing that could make me consistent returns - which is ultimately what I am looking for!

So anyway, back to the USDCHF...

Basically it has been trending upwards for a time, and it looks like there has been a pull back, and in the next few hours/days, I would expect it to bounce back up again. Just have to wait to get the signal that says to buy (this is going to be a buy signal if anything!)

So keep an eye out, and we will be in a trade before we know it.

One thing I would say, is that anything with the EUR would have been a good thing to buy on fundamentals. Look at the charts, and you will see them ALL rising by a good 3-4 hundred pips over the last few days (of tradable times that is). If I was able to have traded them I would have done (although not part of this strategy).

Ultimately one strategy will never catch all movements, and it is important to understand when you could or should break from a winning strategy... or at least have multiple strategies, but split your accounts up accordingly to trade monies from certain accounts, otherwise it makes it very hard to track your progress for each individual strategy..

As it stands of course, this blog is only about my own strategy, on the longer periods - trying ot catch what seems to be between 150-350 pip moves.

Anyway, keep alert, and watch for those trades - they will come eventually, and when they do we will be on board the train to happiness!! (very corny, but very true!)

Happy trading!

No comments:

Post a Comment