Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Another money maker

Well, the trade closed after the trailing stop was hit with a profit of 231 pips. We got out of the trade at 1.0524.

It is quite difficult getting all the info, as I do not have access to my charts, and what I can access is really quite limited.

Anyway, we have increased our bank by 8.8% in total. Our last trade hit 4.6% which for one trade at our conservative trading, is great - 3% with a stop loss of 150!

If you wanted to be a bit more aggresive, you could double your lot size to 2 micro lots, and you woudl have increased your bank by 16%! This however does come with a downside, as you would have to increase your risk (to 6% per trade) or halve your stop loss... neither was attractive on this trade, as I believed that there was a good chance that this could have gone against us quite a lot. However as it is, I am very happy with the results so far. I hope the above shows just how versatile you can be with your risk, but there are pros and cons to both. I think that in the first trade, there was a big move downwards in one period, and it dropped by about 100 pips, so it could have left you out of a trade that went on to make a nice profit... of course, it does mean that your risk reward is increased, but if you get more losing trades... It all adds up in the end.

Happy trading everyone, and I will start back up next week. The rest is a holiday (albeit a working one at the moment!)

No comments:

Post a Comment