Wednesday, November 23, 2011

New trade on EURUSD

A new trade was opened on the EURUSD about half an hour ago.

I got into the trade - a sell @ 1.34469.

I have already moved the stop loss to break even, so I now have zero risk on this trade. It is good to let these ride... The great thing about this trade is that it has broken some really massive resistance, and the next major support level is at about 1.31... so we could be looking at quite a nice little profit on this one (although the cliche 'famous last words' come to mind)....

Already I am in profit, and with the safety net of the stop loss being at break even, I am kind of feeling pretty good about this trade.

Putting the stop loss at break even straight away is a major psycological boost to your trading, and yet it could easily swing back and take away any proifts, but the major thing is that I have absolutely no risk - zilch - to my account, so even if this took a massive reversal, the most I could lose is nothing... How brilliant is that!!! This has got to be the single most best thing I have ever learnt.... and that is no lie. The strategy itself is great, but once I am in proift - I can not not lose. A similar thing can be used by using trailing stops. Although very very useful, I am taking more of an active look at the trades, and trying to determine what should happen with it. It is all a learning curve of course, and in the last two trades, the stop loss was put at a level that meant they were stopped out for relatively small gains when the trades themselves could have gone on for many more pips... HOWEVER, they were stopped out at what was a pretty huge resistance/support level, so despite the fact they were stopped out, I made a profit on something that could have easily gone the other way and wiped out those profits and could have easily gone on to be a loss.

Something I learned a long time ago was never complain about a profit. This means taking small profits despite the fact that a trade goes on to make HUGE gains. If you always make a profit, that is great, if you make 1 or 2 losses, you could be in huge draw down which is not good!

Anways - here's to happy trading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment